Simple Garage Door maintenance tips
Hiring a professional to perform the following maintenance tasks is highly recommended, for enhanced door performance and safety:
- Lubricate rollers and pulleys.
- Tighten loose bolts and nuts.
- Check the tracks for damage.
- Check the door balance regularly.
Garage Door Troubleshooting tips
Pressed the opener button and door won’t open? Here is what you need to do:
- Check the batteries and replace them if need be.
- Determine the power supply to the receiver.
- Check if the door manual pull cable has been released.
- Contact a professional.
Practical Garage Door Safety Tips
Practicing the following garage door safety tips prevent break-ins and fatal door accidents.
- Install door with pinch free panels to protect children.
- Allow technicians to fix garage door torsion springs.
- Do not leave door opener in the car.
- Test effectiveness of opener’s reverse mechanism and inspect door parts each month.
Garage Door Opener Buying Tips
Choosing a reliable garage door opener guarantees security and smooth door performance. Vital qualities of a great opener include:
- Rolling code technology for maximum security.
- Photoelectric eye to prevent entrapments and accidents.
- Smooth and quiet performance.
- Adequate horsepower to lift the door.
- Availability of door opener services.